Job Title: Community Engagement Liaison
Reports to: Office Manager
Location: New York | Texas | California
Hours: Full Time or Part Time
About the Organization:
At Al-Ayn, we are committed to ensuring that every orphaned child living in poverty has access to the tools and opportunities they need to overcome their difficult experiences. We believe that when a child fulfils their potential, their own future is transformed as well as the future of their families, their community, and society at large. To achieve that, we are led by our core values of transparency, dignity and empowerment.
The Community Engagement Liaison’s approach calls for developing and maintaining effective partnerships with community-based organizations and businesses and community leaders that support and sustains programs and services for the children and families of the local mosque/community center.
- The Community Engagement Liaison plays a critical role in ascertaining resources, and working closely with the community center, identifying assets as well as unmet needs in the surrounding community.
- Utilize partnerships to plan and execute special projects and events promoting access to programs/services as well as partner with community organizations.
- Coordinate, prepare, and attend onsite and offsite events, includes evening and weekend events.
- Updates and implements an annual development plan that incorporates fundraising goals, timetables, and strategies for donor acquisition, corporate and foundation support and special events.
- Coordinates all fund raising activities and special events in conjunction with Directors, committees and identified staff.
- Develops public relations and marketing materials to enhance the organization’s image and programs.
- Promotes a positive image for the organization within the community, to funding sources, media and clients.
- Identifies and nurtures potential donors through examination of past records, individual and corporate contracts, and knowledge of philanthropic community.
- BA/BS degree
- One to two years’ event planning experience and/or administrative experience.
- Ability to manage deliverables.
- Positive, can-do attitude and a professional demeanor.
- Ability to balance creative thinking with meticulous attention-to-detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Capacity to perform in a fast-paced, high intensity work environment in-door and out-door with a hands-on approach.
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours to support events.
- Experience working with vulnerable communities.
- People oriented and results driven.
- Excellent active listening and presentation skills.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the organization.